A balanced world is a better world. That's the theme for this year's International Women's Day. Today we recognize all women, and show our support for a more gender-balanced world. There are many ways you can participate in this year's International Women's Day celebration, so we've put together a few local San Antonio events and resources for you. Do your part in forging a more gender-balanced environment!
- Official Date: Friday March 8, 2019
- Official hashtags: #BalanceforBetter #IWD2019
- Share your photos with the hashtag's above, and feel free to add #SanAntonio and #1045LatinoHits to your posts.
- Wear the color purple on Friday March, 8.
- Strike a pose! The photo of Faby with hands out to her sides is the symbol for this year's theme, #BalanceforBetter.
Here are some local San Antonio #IWD2019 events to consider attending:
- They Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women presents the International Women's Day 2019 Summit. This half day summit will include presentations on women's health, domestic violence, and entrepreneurship. The event is FREE to the public, and is this Saturday March 9, 2019 from 8AM - 2PM at San Antonio College - McAllister Auditorium, 1300 San Pedro Avenue San Antonio, TX 78212.
- Centro Cultural Aztlan celebrates International Women's Day and Month with "Generations Past, Present, and Future," an exhibition featuring local San Antonio women Ruth Buentello and Valerie Chagolla. The exhibit is FREE and open to the public until March 29, 2019, and the opening reception is Friday March 8, 2019 from 6PM to 9PM. Light refreshments will be provided, and Flor y Canto featuring poetry by local women and music by FORGED IN FIRE featuring Sabrina Lopez.